Idioms ( thành ngữ) yếu tố không thể thiếu trong bài thi iELTS speaking giúp bạn đạt 9.0 IELTS chính vì vậy ở bài viết này các bạn sẽ tiếp tục được học những Idioms hay tốt nhất cho IELTS speaking.
Xem thêm bài viết:
Look like a million dollars
Nghĩa: Luxurious, gorgeous and beautiful.
“Wow, you look like a million dollars.”
” Did you see Jane? She looks like a million dollars.”
“That car looks like a million dollars.”
Out Of The Blue
Nghĩa: Something happens unexpectedly or suddenly.
“She kissed me out of the blue.”
“I was sitting there and out of the blue my boss yelled at me.”
“She broke up with me out of the blue.”
Nghĩa: To save money by reducing the quality, especially in the bad way.
” The food is terrible since they have cut corners.“
“I don’t want to hire him because he usually cuts corners.“
” The product’s quality of a company is decreasing which result from they cut corners in this year.”
Get The Picture
Nghĩa: To get the point or understand what it means.
Ví dụ: Jane: “The bridge has to move up like this so the boat can get through” – Kris: “Oh, I get the picture.”
“Could you get the picture when I presented the plan for our journey?”
“I’m sorry, but I couldn’t get the picture of this. It is too complicated to understand.”
In A Pickle
Nghĩa: in a difficult situation
- Last week we were in apretty pickle. We were late for the assignment deadline so we were punished by our teacher
- He thinks the media are responsible for his being in such a pickle
The Last Straw
Nghĩa: Something happens for the last time before it will change.
“I caught you flirting. This is the last straw. I’m breaking up with you.”
“I yelled back at my boss today. It was the last straw.“
“If the next time you are late, it will be your last straw.”
Bare Your Heart
Nghĩa: If you bare your heart to someone, you reveal your innermost thoughts and feelings to them.
- I decided to bare my heart to my best friend because I couldn’t keep things to myself any longer.
- I can’t make out why I bared my heart to him although we didn’t know each other that well.
Worth One’s Salt
Nghĩa: Good or competent at the job | deserve the pay or reward that you get
- Any IELTS teacher worth his salt would do exactly as I did.
- They decided that I amworth my salt, and I can stay on as an office clerk.
- Any students worth their salt should be aware of the latest changes in entrance examination.
Chúc các bạn học tốt nhé!